Dare to compete...
The Wonders Of The World 2008
International Yoga Competition
RULES AND REGULATIONS
I. ELIBIGILITY: The competition is open to all individuals 10 years and older.
II. AGE: Applicants shall furnish a current passport or other picture ID with
proof of age.
III. PRIZES: Will be awarded to the First, Second and Third place winners
IV. PROHIBITION Any stimulating drug or alcoholic beverage must not be used before
or during the competition by any competitor and will be treated as
violation of the rules.
Committee maintains the full right to suspend a Competitor.
V. ENTRY FEE Entry fee for the program is zero. Participants must be paid attendees to the International Yoga Festival to be considered.
VI. ATTIRE Female: One or two-piece costume with open arms and legs (no
bikinis), or exercise top with half tights or cycle shorts.
Male: Swim suit or cycle shorts.
VII. ASANAS Five Compulsory Asanas (postures) as stated below and one
additional asana at the competitor’s option from the 84 asanas as derived from
Patanjali all to be completed in 3 minutes.
1) Dandayamana Janusirasana (Standing-Head-to-Knee) ( 4 parts)
2) Dandayamana Dhanurasana (Standing Bow Pose)
3) Vrischikasan (Scorpion Pose)
4) Pashcimottanasana (Stretching Pose)
5) Yoga Mudra ( Bound Lotus Pose , with Forward Bending)
6) Optional Choice Asana
YOUTH DIVISION – 10 TO 15 yrs.
All to be completed in 3 minutes.
1. Ardha-Chandrasana with Pada-Hastasana (Half Moon Pose with Hands to Feet Pose (3 parts)
2. Matsyasana (Fish Pose)
3. Pashcimottanasana (Stretching Pose)
4. Ardha-Matsyendrasana (Spine Twisting Pose)
5. Optional Choice Asana
VIII. Asanas may be assigned at judges’ discretion.
IX. ARRIVAL Competitors are to report to designated area one hour before competition and
are subject to disqualification from competition for late reporting.
1. Organizers will not be liable for any injury of competitors.
sustained during or as a result of competition. Waiver form must be
signed by all competitors.
2. Competitors are to maintain good conduct and proper discipline
3. The Organizer reserves the right to add, alter, amend the rules
and programs at its sole discretion without prior notice.
4. Competitors are to be proficient and understanding of the selected asanas.
5. Organizer reserves the right for any competitor to be reasonably eliminated from
competition any time during the competition.
Judges will be appointed by Anthony Sadasiva, Organizer.
Each competitor will have to perform the selected
asanas as mentioned above within 3 minutes.
The judges will consider:
a) Proportion of the body
b) Performance regarding steadiness of the posture
c) Dress, style, and grace in asana execution
XII. VENUE (LOCATION) Dead Sea, Jordan
XIII. ACCOMODATIONS Accommodations will be available for participants in this
XIV. AGE LIMITATION Anyone over the age of 10 years may participate.
XV. PROGRAM To be held June 6, 2008.
XVI. Winners will be announced right after competition results are tallied.
XVIII. DETAILS For entry and other details contact: